Friday, January 22, 2010

Installing Sliding Shower Doors What Contractor License Do I Need ?

What contractor license do i need ? - installing sliding shower doors

I repair or renewal of a management company belonging to 6 years. I will from me. I am painting, light plumbing such as the replacement / repair of fittings, valves, toilets, shower control (just like in the lines or walls which are not). I may replace broken power switches, sockets, installation of the hood blankets, lamps , ventilators. I light drywall repair, holes in the doors of the tenants, water damage, anything that was always more than 4 meters x 4 meters. Installation of a fiberglass shower doors and shower surrounds. Towels and all kitchen accessories and bath of this nature. Bedroom closet doors sliding patio doors. I do not want to do all the small list of things, so I hope thats Enuff.

I linoneum, carpet or floor. I pretty much the spare car for the next tenant. I have something important to hire a specialized contractor.

3 comments:

winterru... said...

The requirements for licensing vary from state to state. As far as I know, all states license plumbers and electricians. The rest depends on where you live. Where I live, there is no contractual licenses.

robling_... said...

In most places, general contractors, but to all the mechanical (electrical, plumbing, HVAC) and blankets. Required for the mechanical license for each respective position. I understand why the need for these licenses, but here I do not know why not license coverage under the general license, but that's how it is. There are also various licenses for commercial and private. Here we do not need a license to paint or carpet, but who needs a tile. Now he is on the ground.

What to do, call the local building department. You may find that you need a license to cover the color. You can find usually refers to ceilings. But in most places, the mechanical trades each license and for good reason. And you can not just take a test for a plumbing license. It is usually a time of learning to work with a licensed contractor in chairs before you participate in the study. So you have a plumber for a year before the test, the plumbing work.

In short, call the Building Department.

ihaveque... said...

Do you need only a general contractor license. However, first check your city, L & I department.

Post a Comment